Moving Boxes Toronto
Measurements, Calculators & Shipping Guidelines
Maximum Weight Guidelines
Edge Crush Test (ECT)
The Edge Crush Test – measures the stacking strength of corrugated board by testing how much pressure a box can stand before being crushed.
So how is that strength tested and how can you be sure it meets industry standards? The Edge Crush Test and the Mullen Test are the two industry-recognized methods that measure weight. When checking that a box meets industry standards, make sure that a Manufacturer’s Certification Stamp is visible. This stamp will also certify the type of test done, and the results (Mullen – mostcommonis 200 lbs/sq. inch or Edge Crush – most common is ECT 32 lbs/inch).
Length (L) x Width (W) x Height x (H)
1. The first dimension is length (L)
Length is always the longest side of the box that has a flap.
2. The second dimension is the width (W)
Width is the second longest side with a flap.
3. The third dimension is height (H)
Height is the only dimension without a flap.
NOTE: Listed dimensions for boxes are always inside dimensions.
Box-in-Box Packing Method
- Wrap product(s) individually with at least 2" (5 cm) thickness of air-cellular cushioning or foam material to fit snugly inside a corrugated box.
- Restrict product movement inside the box using a filler like crumpled newspaper, loosefill peanuts, or other cushioning material.
- Close and tape the inner box using the H taping method. This will help prevent accidental opening.
- Use a second box that is at least 6" (15 cm) longer, wider, and deeper than the inner box.
- Choose the wrap or fill method to cushion the inner box inside the larger sturdy outer box.
- Ship fragile products individually, wrapping them in a minimum 3" (8-cm) thickness of air-cellular cushioning material.
- Wrap the inner box with 3" (8-cm) thickness of air-cellular cushioning material or use at least 3" (8 cm) of loosefill peanuts or other cushioning material to fill the spaces between the inner box and outer box on the top, bottom, and all sides.
- Fill any void spaces with cushioning material. Shop online moving boxes Toronto
- Use the H taping method for sealing your package.
Shop Online Moving Boxes Toronto Now!